May 13, 2020
Over the past 25 years, tech hiring has been the consistent area where the demand for talent outstrips the supply. While the precise skills that are in shortage change as the technology landscape evolves, it has always been a candidate-driven market.
So is the pandemic crisis changing the balance in tech hiring and how should companies be looking to attract and assess tech talent in our changed future?
In the interview, we discuss:
• How is the pandemic affecting the tech hiring market?
• Will demand continue to outstrip supply in the future?
• How remote hiring is opening up the global market for software engineers
• The impact of evidence-based hiring
• Avoiding bias and increasing diversity
• Assessment design