Nov 20, 2019
Hiring ex-armed forces personnel is a topic that doesn't get as much bandwidth as it deserves. So how should employers be behaving and communicating to tap into this incredible pool of talent effectively?
My guest this week is Tim Redfern, Managing Director, Defence at Amey.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Tim's own experience of transitioning his career on leaving The Royal Navy
• The broader transition challenges facing armed forces personnel
• Translating the language of transferable skills
• Common employer misconceptions
• Changing the recruiting mindset on skills
• Messaging that resonates
• Salary and marketing value
Tim also shares details on what Amey does to attract and retain forces leavers.
Subscribe to this podcast in Apple Podcast