Oct 30, 2019
Building a culture that attracts and retains the right talent is not an easy task. There is a lot of theory and discussion around this, but translating theory and discussion into practical reality can be very difficult. Accurately reflecting the culture in the employer brand and recruitment process is an additional challenge.
My guest this week is Matt Jung co-founder of Comfort Research, the company behind the "Big Joe" range of products. Matt shares an incredibly honest account of his company's journey to build a culture and establish a set of core values that guide everything they do and help them attract and retain the people they need to grow their business.
In the interview, we discuss:
• Identifying core values and how Comfort Research got it wrong the first time
• Rewarding behaviour that champions core values
• Using core values in the recruiting process
• Why leaders should always be recruiting
• Recruiters as "culture concierges."
Matt also talks about what has surprised him most about building his business and what the future holds for Comfort Research.