Sep 19, 2019
Flexible working is a hot topic at the moment. Despite all of the recent publicity around companies moving to four day weeks and other flexible initiatives, the reality is that flexibility is nowhere near the norm in working life.
I feel very strongly that there needs to be a fundamental change in the way we think about work. Too often, mental health and productivity are impacted by ways of working that are no longer relevant to the world in which we now live.
My guest this week is someone who feels the same way. Anna Whitehouse is the founder of Mother Pukka, a digital community for people who happen to be parents. Anna is also the driving force behind Flex Appeal, a campaign which is lobbying both government and employers to drive a shift in thinking about flexible working.
In the interview, we discuss:
• What is Flex Appeal?
• The huge benefits to employers of embracing flexible working
• The need from a fundamental shift in the way we think about work
• Evidencing increased productivity
• Agile Working and Job Pairing
• Leaving loudly
• Why recruiting and HR should embrace transparency to promote flexible working
Anna also talks about the future of Flex Appeal and shares her advice to individuals on the best way to persuade employers to let them work flexibly.